Events happening today
19 September 2020Update
meeting 10:00 river Leven get on
Be covid aware
Welcome Back for session 2 or hello for the first time.
This time we are going to take a look at power generation 'finesse not fury'. We'll also look at slowing down (because that's often rather useful as well) and, most importantly of all, having a great time on the best place a person can be.
Sessions will be limited to 6 paddlers because of Covid restrictions but don't be disheartened if the R.S.V.P limit has been reached. Send us a message on 07927199545 and with enough interest we will be able to assign additional coaches to take another group or 2.
Equipment is available for hire if required. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch.
LCC Beginner / Easy River Trips 0 Comments
4 users have RSVPed, including
19 September 2020Cancelled due to lack of water
BE COVID AWARE
1. Trip type : River
2. Level of ability : Intermediate / Avanced
3. Date : 19/09/2020
4. Venue : TBC early Saturday morning (by 8am). Will be discussed by WhatsApp group of those attending.
5. Meet location / time : TBCam at get-in
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : Prevailing at the time. Grade 2/3+.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Note: this is a peer trip. I'm happy to arrange and co-ordinate, but I will most likely not be the most experienced kayaker on the water.
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday evening. Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.
LCC Intermediate River Trips 0 Comments
5 users have RSVPed, including
19 September 2020BE covid aware
windforecast 3 gusting 4/5 from NE
trip confirmed as going ahead.
Social paddle into Morecambe Bay, meet the incoming tide and back maybe on the Bore Wave. Start and finish from Arnside promenade
2. Saturday 19th Sept.
3. Starting --- High Water is 10.12m at 13.22 so aim to be on the water and paddle from Arnside promenade at 9.40 a.m.
4. Meet at Arnside promenade at 9.20 a.m.
5. Trip leader: Mike H
6. Any special notes:
river or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride bore wave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
LCC Estuary Bore Trips 2 Comments
6 users have RSVPed, including