Forgot your password?
17 November 2023, 12:00 AM
Event created by
1. Event co-ordinator Graeme Wild
2. Trip Leader leader Richard and Sue Simpson
3. Trip type: easy river
4. Level of ability : Improver or better, kayak or canoe not suitable for beginners. No sea kayaks.
5. Date: Friday 17th November 2023
6. Venue : River Eden, Appleby to Ousenstand Bridge.
7. Meet location/time: 9.15am grid reference NY684204, what three words - nods.unravel.reverses
8. Meet to share lifts: time 8.30am - M6 junction 37, west side at the arrow on the map.
9. Anything else: Helmets must be worn.
If you are going directly to meet place rather than junction 37 please let me know beforehand.
It may be cold so dress warm and bring a flask and lunch.
If you intend to paddle an open boat, solo or tandem, or river kayak, can you post a message below.
The event is subject to a suitable water level, else it will be cancelled or moved to a different river(TBC)
You should have a basic idea of how to read moving water and break in and out and ferry glide.
RSVP limit is 8 boats unless another leader joins then it will be reassessed.
Will reconfirm trip 24 hours beforehand.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Posted October 17
Solo open canoe.
Posted October 30
I have more experience on white water (Armathwaite - Lazonby on the River Eden).
But I have done a day's sea kayaking with Mike Sunderland on the Leven Estuary/ Chapel Island.
I can borrow either a sea kayak or a river kayak from the Carlisle Canoe Club.
Tony the trip details say no sea kayaks. Contact John speakman to sort a river boat.
I'll be solo in open boat
Posted November 3
If anyone drops out I would like to attend thanks
Posted November 10
Rob, John and Tom can now sign up
Posted November 11
I will be in a kayak
I’l be in a kayak.
Also, coming from Carlisle, so I'll go straight to Appleby.
Posted November 13
Sorry can't make Friday, pity I have not been on a river in a river kayak this year.
Yes, shame we've had to change the day.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in