Forgot your password?
30 September 2023, 07:40 AM
Event created by
This trip is weather dependant please check here for an update, which will be posted by 18:00 on Friday 29th September
1. Event co-ordinator Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leader Sten Sture
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Saturday 30th September
6. Venue : Arnside
7. Meet location / time : at Arnside promenade at 08:40
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else: It’s tricky for first timers as a very powerful wave over shallow water, therefore it’s easy to get tripped up
Tide height is 9.64 (Ramsden Dock ) so there should be a bore wave???
HW is at 12:42 Barrow so aim to be on the water at Arnside at 09:10
Should be back in Arnside by 11.40
River or sea kayaks.
Bring a Helmet which must be worn on the return to Arnside
If intending to ride borewave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
Please read notes re river trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
There are no comments to display.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in