Forgot your password?
22 February 2023
Event created by
I will confirm trip Tuesday evening at 6pm
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Trip Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: easy river( easy rapids up to grade 2)
4. Level of ability : Improver or better, kayak or canoe
5. Date: Wednesday 22nd Feb.
6. Venue : River Irthing, Lanercost bridge to Newby East bridge
7. Meet location/time: 10.00 a.m. meet here at the arrow on the map.
8. Meet to share lifts at 8.45 M6 junction 37, west side at the arrow on the map.
9. Anything else:
We will meet at egress and then shuttle to ingress. If you are going directly to meet place rather than junction 37 please let me know beforehand.
The trip is 16km and should take 4 hours, including a lunch break. It may be very cold so dress warm and bring a flask and lunch.
If you intend to paddle an open boat solo or tandem can you post a message below.
The event is subject to a suitable water level, else it will be cancelled or moved to a different river( likely to be a section of the Eden)
You should have a basic idea of how to read moving water and break in and out and ferry glide. Expect rapids up to grade 2.
RSVP limit is 12.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Posted February 19
intend to paddle a canoe
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in