Arran again! Day paddles about 15km, which can be lengthened or shortened. Suitable for Improvers and above.
Smugglers Den near Corrie, will be our base for a few days. Weather will be variable, so be prepared for some walking in between paddles.
The aim is to have safe paddles in beautiful scenery and observe the amazing nature Arran has to offer. Arran's wild life is wonderful - porpoises, dolphins, eagles, otters gannets, basking sharks, red deer, gannets, etc.. Can't promise seeing all of the above, but we will see lots of geology.
Possible paddles include:
· 1km crossing to Holy Isle to see Buddhist retreat, soay sheep, eriskay ponies, etc,
· from Brodick to Fallen Rocks, returning to finish at Smugglers Den
. tour of Brodick Bay, including paddle up the river and visit to Brodick Castle Harbour
·Lochranza to Sannox alongside varied geological features
· Brodick to Clauchlands point and beyond
We have 8 individual beds, 3 bathrooms, large kitchen, etc, for our comfort. Please be prepared to share a twin room or sleep on a bed settee. Please bring sleeping bag and pillow case.
Come for all or part of trip. Non-paddling partners welcome.
Cost is £60 each to cover the house-keeping expenses, and in addition we share cooking costs and duties (Co-op is only 4 miles away - so easy). And there is a chip shop and pub nearby!
1. Event co-ordinator Annette Morris
2. Trip Leaders: Annette Morris and Pete Riley
3. Trip type: Coastal sea kayaking with short crossing to Holy Isle