Forgot your password?
23 January 2023, 08:30 AM
Event created by
Wind forecast: Needs to be light winds (assume sea kayaks can cope with windier conditions)
Arnside Borewave: it was a particularly good one sometime ago! so hoping for a repeat
1. Event co-ordinator Chris Dale
2. Trip Leader leader Chris Dale
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Monday 23rd January
6. Venue : Arnside
7. Meet location / time : at Arnside promenade at 08.30
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else: It’s tricky for first timers as a very powerful wave over shallow water, therefore it’s easy to get tripped up
Tide height is 10.03 (Ramsden Dock )so there should be a good bore wave.
HW is at 12.25 so aim to be on the water at Arnside at 08.55
Should be back in Arnside by 11.30
River or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride borewave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
Please read notes re river trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
There are no comments to display.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in