Unfortunately, trip is CANCELLED. Steady F5-6 winds forecast would make the trip hard work, especially heading out and around the South of the island.
1. Event co-ordinator: Robin Everingham
2. Trip Leader: Robin Everingham
3. Trip type: sea (sea kayaks only)
4. Level of ability : intermediate or better
5. Date: Saturday 5th November
6. Venue: Roa Island to Earnse Point
7. Meet location / time: 9.30am at Earnse Point car park
8. Meet to share lifts at: arrange your own
9. Anything else: Starting from Roa Island on the ebb, passing Piel Island, the seal sanctuary and nature reserve, then going North up the outside of Walney Island to Earnse Point. About 18 km, 4 hrs. There will be good flows at the start and probably rougher water (overfalls) off the South of Walney. HW Liverpool 0850, LW 1620. We'll transfer kit and drive to Roa Island to be on the water for 10.30am. Bring a flask and lunch. Wheels are a good idea if you have them, the tide will have gone out a long way at Earnse Point. The trip is weather dependent - check the night before, update above!