Winds are forecast SE F5 gusting F6, making it difficult with a headwind at the start, then beam as we cross the S of the island. Another date TBC!
1. Event co-ordinator: Robin Everingham
2. Trip Leader: Robin Everingham
3. Trip type: sea (sea kayaks only)
4. Level of ability : intermediate or better
5. Date: Friday 21st October
6. Venue: Roa Island to Earnse Point
7. Meet location / time: 9.30am at Earnse Point car park
8. Meet to share lifts at: arrange your own
9. Anything else: Starting from Roa Island on the ebb, passing Piel Island, the seal sanctuary and nature reserve, then going North up the outside of Walney Island to Earnse Point. About 18 km, 4 hrs. There will be good flows at the start and probably rougher water (overfalls) off the South of Walney. HW Liverpool 0930, LW 1540. We'll transfer kit and drive to Roa Island to be on the water for 10.30am. Bring a flask and lunch. The trip is weather dependent - see update above!