Update Thursday 28th. All good to go, light winds and sunshine. Don't forget your sun cream and picnic. Se you in the morning.
Setting off from Canal Foot, Ulverston on the front of the flooding tide and hitching a ride up the Estuary past Greenodd and into the lower reaches of the River Leven stopping for lunch on the river bank. Then returning to Ulverston on the ebb tide
1. Event co-ordinator Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leader Sten Sture
3. Trip type: Sea
4. Level of ability : improver or better
5. Date: Friday 29th April
6. Venue : Leven Estuary
7. Meet location / time : meet at Canal Foot at 08:30, http://streetmap.co.uk/map?X=331335&Y=477742&A=Y&Z=120, Aiming to get on the water for 09:00
8. Meet to arrange shuttle: No shuttle out and back trip
9. Anything else: The aim is to have a nice leisurely and sociable paddle with a picnic. Bring a flask and a sandwich along with calm weather and sunshine.
There will be some turbulent water at the railway viaduct.
This trip is up to 20km long with tidal assistance for most of the time trip
This trip is weather dependant I will post an update by 18:00 on Thursday 28th.
Tide height is 8.99m.
HW Barrow is at 11:27 so aim to be on the water by 09:00
Should arrive back at Canal Foot by 15:00.
Sea kayaks / Touring Kayaks.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP before 18:00 on Thursday 28th April