5. Meet location / time : The plan is to meet at a local campsite (to be arranged) on Friday evening & discuss/impliment shuttle arrangements to allow us to be on the water at Flamborough South Landing around 0800 on Saturday. This will allow us to round the headland during the first hour of the north going stream & hopefully not be hindered by an eddy that may form beyond it.
6. Meet to share lifts at: no lift share due to Covid.
7. Anything else:
Some parts of this trip will involve exposed sections of coastline with some tidal movement and no escape routes. Where landing is possible there is a chance of needing to come through surf.
I expect the format to be 2x day trips covering a continuous linear distance facilitated by shuttles. The overnight stay will be at a local campsite as I'm not familiar with this section of coastline & don't know how feisable a wildcamp would be. The plus side of that is we'll probably be paddling lightly loaded boats which may allow the opportunity to play in the surf & enjoy some rockhopping en-route as & where conditions are suitable.
Day 1: Flamborough to Filey (24km). Spring tide with a max rate of 2-3kn at the headland.
Day 2: Filey to Scarborough (15km). A more civilised start is possible today. Max rate 2kn at Filey Brigg.
Please send me a whatsapp (07730411538) once you've RSVP'd so that I can communicate with you all as a group to confirm or adjust arrangements.
All weather dependent etc. see wind and waves forecast here: