Update: Friday afternoon, plenty of rain today taking the Clough, Rawthey and Ribble to high levels. There is a chance they will be too high tomorrow, but we'll see. There's a chance the Wenning might come up enough, alternatively, the Kent is a backup plan.
5. Meet location / time : 10.30am at get-in (with your shuttle sorted).
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : There is rain due Friday and early Saturday, so something will be running. Grade 2/3.
8. Anything else : No shuttle allowed in cars (apart from someone you live with). Please arrange your own shuttle (bike/partner/run/walk). Get-in and get-out will be decided Friday night or early Saturday morning (by 8am).
My standard shuttle routine is to drop boat and kit off (locked), drive to get-out with bicycle, ride back, lock up bicycle, paddle to car. If you don't mind a walk (or run), load your dry kit into your boat, get changed at the get-out, lock up your boat and walk back.
I will have a large lock with me and am happy to lock up other peoples boats and bikes. Contact me beforehand to coordinate.
Please make sure you've read the club's (andBritish Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking during lockdown.
Note: this is a peer trip. I'm happy to arrange and co-ordinate, but I will most likely not be the most experienced kayaker on the water. Make sure you are fully self sufficient.
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday evening. Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now