1. Sea trip - Sea kayak needed. This should be a relatively sheltered trip, with a good flow, possible tide race, under the viaduct.
2. Saturday 14th January 2017
3. Starting from Canal Foot in Ulverston, catching the flood as far as we can make it up past Greenodd and towards Haverthwaite, stopping for lunch, and then returning on the ebb. About 12miles, 4 hrs for the round trip.
4. Meeting place 10.45am at Canal Foot, Ulverston to be on the water for 11.15am.
5. Trip leader: Robin Everingham
6. Any special notes: HW Barrow 12.30, 9.8m (springs). Bring a flask and lunch and dress warm (with pogies or gloves!)
Forecast is NW 5-7, decreasing 4. This will probably provide some fun as we head Northwards on the flood with wind against tide, but it will assist us on the way back. It's sheltered in most parts. It will be cold - just above freezing! Meet as planned.