1. Sea kayak trip – From Jubilee Bridge (Walney), paddling N through Walney Meetings, around the N end to Earnse Point. The first part of the trip is fairly sheltered until we round the N end of Walney Island where some rougher water / overfalls are usually found around Scarth Channel. Around 7miles, 2 ½ hours.
2. Saturday 15th October 2016
3. Meeting on the roadside on Walney Island, next to the slipway, on the N side of Jubilee Bridge at 10.00am. We’ll do a quick shuttle just before getting on the water.
4. Trip leader: Robin Everingham
5. Any special notes: HW is at 1120 (Liverpool), 9.6m. We'll aim to be on the water for 11.00am. Bring a flask and lunch.
Friday night update: Winds F 4/5 SE/S. Sea state should be calm as the wind will be off-shore, just a head wind down to Earnse Point. Meet as planned.