2. Level of ability : Advanced or confident intermediate
3. Date: Paddling Sat 29th & Sun 30th May, arriving at campsite evening of Friday 28th.
4. Venue: Campsite to be discussed in specific WhatsApp group
5. Meet location / time : To be discussed in specific WhatsApp group
6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share due to covid. Shuttles with mitigation may be a feature of this trip.
7. Anything else:
The main aim is to round Flamborough Head and visit the seabird colony of Bempton Cliffs, continuing to Filey. The other day will likely be a coastal trip locally, possibly continuing north from Filey to Scarborough, although to be decided based on weather / sea state & group preferences. All plans are subject to an assessment of the conditions at the time of paddling and may change as a result.
Some surfing will probably feature during one or both of the days.
Parts of this trip will be committing due to the lack of landing opportunities along the high cliffs which extend for several km either side of the Flamborough headland. The tidal stream (potentially up to 3 knots this weekend) would make back-tracking difficult if conditions are bigger than expected. The headland is exposed to wind and swell from north, south and east. Once beyond the cliffs the beaches may be subject to surf which can sometimes also make landing a challenge. Please refer to LCC’s guidance on trip suitability, & if you’re not sure just give me a call on 07730411538 for a chat.