Forgot your password?
25 May 2021
Event created by
Monday 6p.m. This event cancelled due to insufficient attendees.
BE COVID AWARE
We can practice any of the WWSR skills 1-5 listed on the webpage here
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: river
4. Level of ability : any - if you wish to become more aware of, or practice the basic WWSR skills (However please note this is a WWSR rescue session not a playing on the weir in kayak session)
5. Date: Tuesday 25th May 5.30 to 8.30
6. Venue : Kendal Rugby Club by the weir
7. Meet location / time : Session will run form 5.30. come for an hour or two often whole session.
8. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share needed.
9. Anything else:
The session will run from 5.30 to 8.30 Please RSVP and turn up within this time slot.
We will be considering and practicing the skills needed to be a 'safer river paddler'
The list of skills is below. when you arrive please have an idea which of these skills you would like to be introduced to or practice.
There will be a need to swim to practice some of these skills so come dressed appropriately and have plenty of warm clothes for afterwards.
Bring your own kayak and kit or use club kit for free for this session.
Exit form kayak in event of capsize.
Swim to shore with kayak and paddle.
Know how to be rescued by a throwline.
I know when to do active and passive swimming.
I can do a swimming self rescue using a paddle to help.
I can do and kayak to swimmer rescue as swimmer or rescuer.
I can do shouting rescue.
I can do reaching rescue.
I can do throw line rescue.
I can do a shallow water wading rescue.
I can recover a floating kayak and paddle.
I can assist another when recovering a floating kayak and paddle.
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the event. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to event only.
There are no comments to display.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in