Unfortunately there isn't a great deal of water around in the rivers at the moment and the tides are wrong on Saturday for an estuary trip. So the plan is to potter along the Lancaster Canal turn round at the pub and potter back. Around a couple of hours each direction.
1. Event co-ordinator - Eric Dewhurst
2. Trip Leader - John Speakman
3. Trip type: Canal.
4. Level of ability : Improver and above
5. Date: Saturday 19th June
6. Venue : Lancaster Canal, Tewitfield to Carnforth and return.
7. Meet location / time : Meet in the Longlands Inn car park (The Longlands Hotel, Tewitfield, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 1JH) OS Grid 520736, at 10am. Do not unload here, wait for unloading/parking instructions.
8. Meet to share lifts at: N/A
9. Anything else: Kayaks or open boats. Sea/touring kayaks might be a better option than river kayaks (contact John Speakman if you'd like to use the club sea kayak) - Don't forget your sandwiches and binoculars.