UPDATE THURSDAY 03 JUNE 2021, 17:15: EVENT ON.Expect to get wet - dry suit or change of clothes, or both. A trip for Improvers in sea kayaks. Wet-day skills refresh - building confidence, secure in water, able to react when technique fails. Support strokes, edging, rolling, self rescue, rescue others and towing, Walney Channel. Situational awareness and incident management.
The trip is being coordinated by Rob Wilson and led by Rob Gregory. Four additional spaces are available for Improvers. Social distancing under the COVID regulations will apply.
1. Trip type : Sea paddle in the Walney Channel, launching from the ferry terminal on Roa Island
2. Level of ability : Improver and above
3. Date : Saturday 5 June 2021
4. Venue: Walney Channel, launching from Roa Island ferry terminal. Paddle to suitable location, away from traffic.
5. Meet location / time : 9.00am and changed and ready to paddle for 09.30am. High tide 08:45.