Update 12 May: Trip is confirmed. Weather looks showery in the afternoon with light winds (Force 3 max).
1. Event co-ordinator Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leader Sten Sure
3. Trip type: Sea
4. Level of ability : Intermediate
5. Date: Thursday 13-05-21
6. Venue : Walney Island
7. Meet location / time : Earnse Bay Car Park Walney Island SD 171/699 Meet 08:30 aim to be on the water by 09:00 we should be back at the cars by 16:00.
8. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share and we start and finish at Earnse Bay so not shuttling required.
9. Anything else: HW Barrow 13:16 BST 8.76m.
This trip is very weather dependant if the weather is unsuitable I may cancel or amend the plan to do a shorter more sheltered option. I will post any changes here by 18:00 the evening before.
The tide recedes a long way at Earnse Bay a trolley will be useful if you have one.
We will need to get to a couple of places within a time table to get around the island and make best use of the tide.
I have allowed plenty of time to do this (weather permitting). Those who have paddled with me will know that I am not out to break any records so hopefully the pace will be relaxed. There will be at least two "picnic" stops so bring sandwiches and a flask or stove to make a brew.