Forgot your password?
12 May 2021
15 May 2021
Event created by
BE Covid aware
Club lead trip
Update Sunday 9th. We will start Wednesday, returning Saturday.
1. Trip type: 4 day 3 overnight sea kayak trip lead by Mike Hayward
2. Level of ability : Improver + or better.
A good introduction to expeditioning from a sea kayak.
3. Dates Tuesday Wednesday 12th May to Saturday 16th May ( finish date may slide by up to 1 day, wind dependent)
4. Venue : Day 1 Drive to Mainland coast, pack boats, short open crossing past Little Cumbrae Island. Camp south End of Bute. 6-15km. We will go clockwise.
Day 2 Paddle to North end of Bute follow coast, weather dependent. 20-30km
Day 3 Paddle to South end of Bute follow coast, weather dependent. 22-30km
Day 4 Paddle back to mainland past Little Cumbrae Island, 6-15 km, drive home. We can be back at the cars by mid morning so drive home can commence about 11 a.m.
Days can be varied, to use best of tides and wind.
5. Meet location / time : Plan A, 13.00 in car park at Portencross
6. Meet to share lifts at: due to Covid we will have to travel separately
7. Anything else: more info here:
It is shortish carry to the water from car park but wheels would be a great advantage. ( no need to take wheels in on trip)
Please be self sufficient for the trip duration, with enough water, food etc. Individual tents.
We will be wild camping and there may be midges.
More information here
RSVP by Friday 8th at latest.
There are no comments to display.
You can post now and register later.
If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.