A trip for Improvers in sea kayaks. The plan is to circumnavigate the Walney Channel, south of Jubilee Bridge, Barrow, launching from Jubilee Bridge (please note the starting point is a change from the original plan). The intention is to travel south on the western shore to Piel. Then travel back on the flooding tide via the service area and dock on the east side.
The event is coordinated by Rob Wilson. The Rule of 6 and social distancing under the COVID regulations will apply. Thus numbers will be limited to six, including a space for a paddle leader.
1. Trip type : Launching from Jubilee Bridge, circumnavigate by sea kayak the Walney.
2. Level of ability : Improver and above
3. Date : Tuesday 18 May 2021
4. Venue: Slipway, 100 m north of Jubilee Bridge, on the west side of the Bridge. Grid reference 186 688
5. Meet location / time : 9.30am and changed and ready to paddle for 10.00am. Low tide approximately 10:46; high tide, 16:34.