PLAN "A" CONFIRMED (third update, 09:20 Tuesday 25 May). A trip for Improvers in sea kayaks and above. There are two plans, depending on weather and tides.
Plan A: Fair weather (Force 3 of less): Travelling from Canal Foot, Ulverston to Roa Island - one way. On the water at Canal Foot for 11.15 am (High Tide Liverpool 11:29; Ulverston 11:47). HOWEVER, meet up no later than 10.00 am at Canal Foot to shuttle cars to Roa Island.
Plan B: Poorer weather: trip around Leven Estuary, from Canal Foot, Ulverston. Meet up at 9.00am, on the water for 9.30 am, to catch flood tide.
A decision on which Plan will be made and notified on Tuesday 25 May, 09:30.
The trip is being coordinated by Rob Wilson (07455 117 352) and led by Mike Hayward. Social distancing under the COVID regulations will apply.
1. Trip type : Sea paddle in Morecambe Bay, south of the River Leven: Depending on weather, Plan A is to travel south to Roa Island, Barrow from Canal Foot, Ulverston. The alternative plan, Plan B, is to paddle up and around the estuary.
2. Level of ability : Improver and above
3. Date : Wednesday 26 May 2021
4. Venue: Ulverston, Morecambe Bay,
5. Meet location / time : Canal Foot, Ulverston LA12 9EL. Grid reference 313 775. Meet times: Plan A, 10.00 am; Plan B, 9.00 am.
6. Meet to share lifts at : Plan A will require a lift share.