Update 21/04 - Unfortunately very little water about and none forecast, so this trip is now cancelled.
Update 19/04 - Very little water about and no rain forecast for the weekend. There is a chance the forecast changes, so I'll make a decision on Wednesday on whether this trip is still on. If this trip doesn't run, I will likely run an improvers sea kayak trip on the Leven estuary.
Open to all improver & intermediate paddlers. These trips are not a series, you don't need to have attended the past one. If you have not paddled on one of my trips before, I'll drop you a line for a chat before the date.
Do you know your draw stroke from your stern rudder? Have you perfected your hanging draw ? We fall into the habit of using the stroke that works, without working out why those other strokes don't. We'll look at a variety of strokes on flat water. We'll then take them to a short white water run and see how they feel. If you want to do some reading/watching in advance, check out Eric Jackson (EJ) on YouTube, or his book "Whitewater Paddling: Strokes and concepts"
Trip Leader: Simon Lerpiniere / 07811144461
1. Trip type : Club Lead
2. Level of ability : Improver (please leave spaces for improvers). One space reserved for an assistant river leader. Please contact me if interested.
3. Date : 24/04/2021
4. Venue : TBC, by Saturday morning 8am. Will be grade 2/3.
5. Meet location / time : 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : Low water and high water options available. Hopefully some rain leading up to the day but not a deluge. Weather should be warming up by April, but please bring warm clothing in case there is some waiting around.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.
There are no comments to display.
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now