Update 21/04 - Unfortunately very little water about and none forecast, so this trip is now cancelled.
Update 19/04 - Very little water about and no rain forecast for the weekend. There is a chance the forecast changes, so I'll make a decision on Wednesday on whether this trip is still on. If this trip doesn't run, I will likely run an improvers sea kayak trip on the Leven estuary.
Open to all improver & intermediate paddlers. These trips are not a series, you don't need to have attended the past one. If you have not paddled on one of my trips before, I'll drop you a line for a chat before the date.
Do you know your draw stroke from your stern rudder? Have you perfected your hanging draw ? We fall into the habit of using the stroke that works, without working out why those other strokes don't. We'll look at a variety of strokes on flat water. We'll then take them to a short white water run and see how they feel. If you want to do some reading/watching in advance, check out Eric Jackson (EJ) on YouTube, or his book "Whitewater Paddling: Strokes and concepts"
Trip Leader: Simon Lerpiniere / 07811144461
1. Trip type : Club Lead
2. Level of ability : Improver (please leave spaces for improvers). One space reserved for an assistant river leader. Please contact me if interested.
3. Date : 24/04/2021
4. Venue : TBC, by Saturday morning 8am. Will be grade 2/3.
5. Meet location / time : 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : Low water and high water options available. Hopefully some rain leading up to the day but not a deluge. Weather should be warming up by April, but please bring warm clothing in case there is some waiting around.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.