Jump to content
Lakeland Canoe Club


Event details

I have take the decision to cancel due to there being no prospect of suitable water level

all participants have been notified by WhatsApp 





This event will be confirmed, subject the Covid restrictions being relaxed’.

From the 29th March it is assume The rule of 6 will once again apply to meeting outdoors - for recreational paddling with friends and family, and for groups of coaching and leader ratios of 1:5.


Leader  for this trip : Ian McCrerie 

I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other's safety on the water.

All those attending please check the level of equipment and personal gear required ahead of the day, additionally please learn and understand  the set of signals we currently have adopted for use.(see our website if not sure), any queries please mention on the whats app group.


1. Trip type : River, 

2. Level of ability :  Intermediate: aiming for Grade 3, but might be 2/3 or 3(4).

3. Date : As above or TBC Coviud dependant

4. Venue : TBC, by Saturday morning 8am.  Aiming for see choice above (nearer the time)

5. Trip may be cancelled or rearranged at short notice depending upon weather, and the preferences of those paddling.

6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19

7. Weather : completely water and circumstance dependant 

8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.

Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19.  Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/


Please RSVP on the calendar by 2 days prior .  Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.

Recommended Comments

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...