Wednesday evening. This event is confirmed as going ahead as scheduled.
Event leader Mike Hayward
1. Trip type: River rescue skills
2. Level of ability : Some simple grade 2 water skills needed so improver or better
3. Date: Thursday 17th December
4. Venue : Devil's Bridge. Kirkby Lonsdale
5. Meet location / time : 9.30 a.m.
6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share as this is park and do venue
7. Anything else: Need at least four participants plus leader.
We will be practicing skills pertinent to rescue of a kayak and paddle. It will not require any swimming. you will have the opportunity to try at least 3 rescues. The session should last no longer than 2.5 hours. If the event is oversubscribed will run a second session starting at 13.00. This will added if session 1 is full.
If you have 2 kayaks bring them both with you, one to paddle, one to rescue.
River rescue skills to include
Review of buoyancy in a river kayak
I can recover a floating kayak and paddle.
I can assist another when recovering a floating kayak and paddle.
I carry kit for intermediate paddle and know when and how to use it- please look the list up on the white water safety page, and bring them with you.