From 2nd December. The rule of 6 will once again apply to meeting outdoors - for recreational paddling with friends and family, and for groups of coaching and leader ratios of 1:5.
BE COVID AWARE
Trip lead by Mike Sunderland - assisted by local guide Mike Mills
Organiser : Mike Sunderland
The 4th of four Lakes Adventures before Christmas.
The plan at the moment is to explore Wast Water
Details posted here nearer the time.
We are expecting that we will still be restricted to 6 paddlers. I'll open the calendar for folks to book after Weds 2nd Dec, with a reminder on the sea kayak WhatsApp. That should give everyone a chance to see the trip in advance of it opening for booking.
1. Trip type : Lakes Paddle - Circumnavigate Wast Water, in sea kayaks
2. Level of ability : Improver and above
3. Date : Weds 23rd December
4. Venue : Wast Water - On Wastwater, Overbeck Car Park (NY168068) is actually a N.T. car park (carry across the road to lake shore) It is however a more discrete parking point and avoids damage to lakeside mires. Note - if paddling Wastwater and travelling via Gosforth then the village bakery makes outstanding pies!
5. Meet location / time : 9.30am and changed and ready to paddle for 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : Dependant on not too much wind.
8. Anything else : Plan to circumnavigate each lake and drive to the next