2. Level of ability: This session is primarily aimed at newcomers / improvers to sea kayaking
3. Date: Sunday 6th September
4. Venue : Arnside
5. Meet location / time : 14:00 at the far end of Arnside Promenade
6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Anything else: The plan is...
High water is at 15:31 BST. We'll get kitted up on arrival at 14:00 & then have a bank based discussion on safety kit & strategy until the flood tide slackens aproaching high water. At this point we'll get out & do some practical rescues until the ebb flow picks up and/or water becomes shallow.
Please bring any safety kit you might already have, tow lines, flares, radios, self rescue floats etc.
Expect to get wet & dress accordingly. Hot drinks, snacks & changes of clothes highly recommended.
Make sure you've read the club's (andBritish Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking during lockdown.
Check on Sunday morning first thing to ensure it's still running