A 6 day round trip of Jura based on taking the ferry to Port Askaig on Islay Exact details to be agreed by those that RSVP
Plan B trip based on more sheltered waters around Arduanie/Seil/Oban
Tentative weather dependent Plan A Please CHECK MY TIDAL CALCULATIONS--- like the government- collective responsibility if wrong !
Boats packed and checked in BY 12 .50 kennacraig Sail 1300 Arrives Port Askaig 14.55 (kennacraig 4hrs 13 min from Ullswater)
Sound of Islay flows North at 16.42. To be on water as soon as we can make headway. Launch point is metres from where ferry docks. Camp as far North East as we can get ! ie Glenbatrick ? or Ruantallan bothy area (bothies are still closed)
camp to Glengarrisdale bothy area.
Neap tides. The Hagg flows east from 13.57 (please check) Morning paddle to Bagh Gleann Muc arrive here no earlier than 12.57 and await our moment.
Once through the Corrveckan head south and camp either at Port an Tiobart or further south.
Head South campsite at Jura Hotel Caignish closed until March 2021
Could get boat Sunday 1530 or Monday either 0700 or 1700
Obviously this is all weather dependent.
Corrryveckan westerly flow (flood) on wed 26 is 16.57 so would mean a crossing of sound of Jura. Westerly on Thursday 05.41 and 18.17 and on Friday 28 (neaps) is 07.14 and 2012 --not helpful.
All calculations based on Oban meteo Consult Marine Tides and tidal streams from Clyde Cruising club Kintyre to Ardnamurchan.
If anybody knows of any likely wild camping spots please let me know. Ferry is £6.90 one way. I will keep an eye on availability Have confirmed they are still taking sea kayakers.