4. Venue : Roa Island to Piel Island, south Walney and shallows of South America. We'll likely stop on Piel Island for a break.
5. Meet location / time : 9.30am, Roa Island public slipway (https://goo.gl/maps/LtC3yH5ZFuas57aE8). We'll be launching from the public slipway but returning via the ferry jetty, so bring a trolley if you have one to make your life easier. There is on the street parking on Piel Street or park in the free public car as you enter Roa Island (https://goo.gl/maps/Sh9WWkYGwhvS2Y5P9).
6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : We ideally need calm conditions for this one, if winds are forecast >20mph, this trip will not run.
8. Anything else : Please bring warm kit. You'll need lunch and a drink. Make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking during lockdown. Suggest arriving early to avoid parking issues.
Note: this is a peer trip. This is not a trip I have done before, I'm working my way through the guide from Jim Krawiecki and this is listed as Grade A. I'm happy to arrange and co-ordinate, but I will most likely not be the most experienced kayaker on the water. Make sure you are fully self sufficient.
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday evening. Check on Sunday morning first thing to ensure it's still running before travelling.