1. Sea trip - Sea kayak needed. This is an 8 mile open crossing where conditions could change and we will be in exposed water. Previous experience of sea paddling expected.
2. Starting from Silloth, paddle across the estuary to Southerness Point on the ebb, wait for the tide to turn before returning on the flood. About 16 miles, 2-2.5hrs paddling each way.
3. Meet at Kendal Leisure Centre at 8am. It’s about a 1.5hr drive to Silloth, or meet there next to Lifeboat Station (GR NY106537) @ 9.45am. Aim to be on the water for 10.30am.
4. Trip leader: Robin Everingham
5. Any special notes: LW Silloth 1330 (Neaps). Bring a flask, lunch, money for ice cream and a compass to help with navigation. Friday night update: Conditions are looking good, N F2 in the morning backing to NW in the afternoon for the return run. Meet as planned.