I maybe wrong but I think water levels are going to shoot up pretty dramatically today
2. Saturday 16th March.
3. If we can get an idea of who wants to come along then I can choose a suitable river
4. Check water levels / sort out lifts the night before.
5. Trips may be cancelled or rearranged at short notice depending upon weather, and the preferences of those paddling.
6. To avoid a wasted journey, please ensure the trip co-ordinator knows you plan to attend, and has your mobile number.
7. Co-ordinator Brain Clough.
I am very happy to co-ordinate this trip, choose a river, set up put ins and take outs, liaise with people with people for lips, but I will not be the leader.
I do have a 4 star leader badge, but the remits for 4 star are soon exceeded as the grade of the river rises and perhaps more importantly as the numbers of people rise.
It is very likely that there will be other very competent paddlers on trip, many have more experience than myself.
I really want to emphasize is that is not a "formal trip" there are plenty of commercial providers who can fulfil this role and in truth better than we can.
This is a group of friends heading out for a paddle, some fun and maybe a cup of coffee afterwards and if you want to join us you are most welcome and I would encourage you to do so.
The club is going through a renaissance at the moment with lots of new members, people who fancy giving a kayak a go and also experienced paddlers dusting off their Schlegels, all joining us - come along and paddle !!
Suggested Level of Competence for this Trip: Intermediates and Above