Forgot your password?
05 January 2019
Event created by
Social Paddle down the River Leven
Event details: River trip for Improver/Intermediates - suitable for all
As a minimum you must be a competent flat water paddler and be a happy swimmer in event of capsize.
Aimed at anyone who :
- can paddle rivers but wants to refresh / improve basic skills
- learn basic skills.
Must have your own kit including especially a River Buoyancy Aid and Helmet
E-mail me or leave a message if you are struggling for river kit - I have some spares - could even stretch to a boat
1. Grade 2/3 river section - River Leven from Newby Bridge
2. Saturday 5th January
3. Meet 10.00 a.m. Layby by the river over Newby Bridge and turn left.
4. Other notes - under 18 by prior arrangement only please email trip leader
5. Check water levels / sort out lifts the night before
6. Trip leader Brain Clough
Friday 4th January
I am going to change the venue to the Leven and run the upper section ("the race course").
The first two rapids are straight line affairs, followed by a series of playfull ledges and then a more twisty grade 3 rapid close to the take out.
The last rapid can be avoided (or given a go) but should not put anybody off coming along
There are no reviews to display.