Forgot your password?
06 January 2018
Event created by
Social Paddle down the River Cocker
Event details: River trip for Improver/Intermediates - suitable for all
As a minimum you must be a competent flat water paddler and be a happy swimmer in event of capsize.
Aimed at anyone who :
- can paddle rivers but wants to refresh / improve basic skills
- learn basic skills.
Must have your own kit including especially a River Buoyancy Aid and Helmet
E-mail me or leave a message if you are struggling for river kit - I have some spares - could even stretch to a boat
1. Grade 2/3 river section - River Cocker from Crummock Water to Cockermouth
2. Saturday 6th January
3. Meet 10.00 a.m. Car Park adjacent to the river just downstream from the Lake marked on the OS Map
4. Other notes - under 18 by prior arrangement only please email trip leader
5. Check water levels / sort out lifts the night before
6. Trip leader Brain Clough
Thursday 4th January
Looks like we should be OK for this trip - 10 :00 AM at the Car park by the bridge just by Crummock Water
I'll probably drive through the Lakes and so could meet anyone along the way - previously we have met an Ulverston contingent in Grasmere
If coming from the south suspect the motorway would be quicker - do you want to meet at the canal
Any Thoughts ................
There are no reviews to display.