"Whatever fits the weather, water and members needs"
You must have your own kit.
1. This is a rver trip, exploring the Upper Kent, from Kentmere down to Burneside. (But see Notes below).
2. Please check details after 7pm on Monday evening
3. Starting from Wilf's cafe, Staveley Mill Yard.
4. Meet at Wilfs on Tuesday 10am. (The cafe opens from around 9am, and does good breakfasts)
5 Trip leader Mike Sunderland - email@example.com
6. Notes - the Upper Kent is mostly Grade 2, with some Grade 3. (Grade 2/3 from Kentmers down to Staveley, Grade 2 from Staveley to Burneside). There are some short grade 4 sections, and some weirs which we will almost certainly portage. The river requires medium to high levels or it becomes a bit of a scrape; hence we'll meet at Wilfs, assess conditions and decide what's paddleable.
Sign up on website and please e-mail if you are planning to paddle
Mike Sunderland (L5 coach and sea kayak leader) will update by 7pm the evening before the paddle.