Forgot your password?
19 May 2023, 09:00 AM
20 May 2023,
Event created by
1. Event co-ordinator Rob Hitchmough
2. Trip Leader: Rob Hitchmough
3. Trip type: Multi-day Seakayak journey with wild camping/bivying.
4. Level of ability: Intermediate or better.
5. Date: Friday 19th to Saturday 20th May 2023
6. Venue: Objective is to kayak from Greenod to Duddon bridge
This maybe cut short if weather inclement also if poor forecast will choose to paddle at a different location
7. Meet location/time: 10.30 Friday 19th at the Old garage at Greenod, we will be setting up a shuttle to Duddon bridge
8. Travel: car share via what's app set up for the trip
9. Sea kayaks only.
Any questions: contact me via what's app
The plan is to do it in three stages.
Using the outgoing tide from the greenodd to piel
Have a good rest and something to eat on piel.
a night paddle using the incoming tide up walney channel to the north end of Walney to camp/bivy.
Using the morning incoming tide up the Duddon estuary to Duddon Bridge.
I will be limiting it to 6 for a low key camp/bivy
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending
There are no comments to display.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in