North along the west side of the lake to explore the river estuaries. Crossing to the east shore to the Boat Museum for lunch break and coffee. Explore the islands by Bowness and the ferry Return along the west side of the lake to Red Nab, about 10km each way. Back at car park by 3.30pm.
parking free for NT members, so car share with a member.
Park at Red Nab south of Wray Castle, easy lake access no trolleys needed
1. Event co-ordination: John Speakman
2. Trip Leader: John Speakman
3. Trip Type: Lake
4. Level of ability: improver, all boats if not too windy.
Open Canoe if it’s not windy!!
Might shorten trip if we have smaller boats.
5. Date. Friday 12th May
6. Venue. Red Nab carpark (386 995)
7. Meet at 10.00am
8. Bring lunch and drink, we will have a lunch break at the Boat Museum cafe or on their beach.