This trip is aimed at people who want an Introduction of River Running. The first part will cover the basic ideas and be on land. The second part will cover the fundamental techniques/strokes and be on the water nearby (Kent probably). We will be finished by lunch time.
1. Event coordinator: Mark Webster
2. Trip Leader: Mark Webster 07507 599918
3. Trip type: Park and Play from the Rugby Club
4. Level of Ability: Beginner
5. Date: 16/03/2023
6. Venue/Meet/Share Lifts: Meet at the Rugby Club in Kendall for 10:00
7. I will set up a WhatsApp group and co-ordinate further via that.
8. Requirements: you need to be able to paddle the kayak in a straight line, turn and know how to exit the cockpit capsized whilst wearing a spray deck.
9. Equipment: if you don't have equipment then the club will be able to provide boats, paddle, helmet, deck. I recommend that you have at least a dry Cag on top, and wetsuit underneath with layers on top. The club will try and help if you don't have kit. Simply let me know if clothing is a problem and/or you need kit.
10. In order to attend the paddling part of the session you will need to have the correct equipment so please contact me if there are any problems with that.
11. The first part of the session will be on land at the Club. I reserve the right not to take anyone on the water who would not meet the skills criteria, or the club criteria. These will be covered in the first part of the session.