Trip Postponed. I am rescheduling this trip to Sunday 5th March.
Please sign up on that calendar entry if you would like to try again for better conditions.
The weather forecast keeps fluctuating but at best is predicting wind gusts of of F5 building to F7 from the West with a 1.2M swell. I have considered a number of alternatives but they feel like desperate bids to paddle whatever.
Check Here for confirmation that trip is going ahead and for any changes. 18:00 on Saturday 18th.
1. Event co-ordinator Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leader Sten Sture, Robin Everingham.
3. Trip type: Sea
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Sunday 19th February
6. Venue : Walney Island, A trip around the North End.
7. Meet location / time : Ferry Slipway Just North of Jubilee Bridge at 09:10
Aim to be back at Jubilee Bridge and on the water by 10:00
9. Anything else: Weather permitting the plan is to paddle North up Walney Chanel into Scarth Bight. Stop for a brew at either Lowsy Point or North End Haws then head South down the West Side of the Island total distance around 13KM
Tide height is 8.99 (Ramsden Dock ).
HW is at 10:36 so aim to be on the water at Jubilee Bridge by 10:00