Forgot your password?
30 March 2023
Event created by
Trip is going ahead. Details on WhatsApp group for this trip.
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Trip Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: easy river( easy rapids up to grade 2)
4. Level of ability : Improver or better, kayak or canoe not suitable for beginners.
5. Date: Thursday, March 30th
6. Venue : River Liddle, Newcastleton to Penton Linns Bridge
7. Meet location/time: 10.15 a.m. meet here at the arrow on the map.
8. Meet to share lifts: 08.45 at M6 junction 37, west side at the arrow on the map.
9. Anything else:
We will meet at egress and then shuttle to ingress. If you are going directly to meet place rather than junction 37 please let me know beforehand.
The trip is 16km and should take 4 hours, including a lunch break. It may be very cold so dress warm and bring a flask and lunch.
If you intend to paddle an open boat solo or tandem can you post a message below.
The event is subject to a suitable water level, else it will be cancelled or moved to a different river( likely to be a section of the Eden)
You should have a basic idea of how to read moving water and break in and out and ferry glide. Expect rapids up to grade 2+.
RSVP limit is 10.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Posted February 2
open boat. happy either solo or tandem
open boat, probably solo.
Open Boat. Solo I expect.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in