Advanced White Water kayak trip to Fort William. This trip is planned around the dam release dates as published on the Scottish WW Guide Dam Release Calendar (bottom of page). If we've got decent rainfall, we'll be looking at the smaller tributaries and becks, otherwise we'll be on the dam release rivers.
A possible plan is Upper Tummel Thursday (on way up), Lyon Friday (if nothing else running), Moriston Saturday, Middle Etive Sunday (on route home).
1. Event co-ordinator: Simon Lerpiniere (07811144461)
2. Trip Leader leader: Simon Lerpiniere (plus likely other leaders in attendance)
3. Trip type: River
4. Level of ability : Advanced
5. Date: 24/08/2023 until 27/08/2023
6. Venue: Fort William, Scotland.
7. Meet location / time: Travelling up to Fort William early Thursday morning. We'll certainly want to arrange lift shares, so probably a meet at J36 (M6). Full details closer to the time.
8. Meet to share lifts at: Arrange your own.
9. Restrictions: Unfortunately I'll have to limit this trip to those I've paddled with before, as we'll need a strong team that knows each other for these rivers. If you really want to come along, but haven't paddled with me before, please message me on WhatsApp before signing up.
10. Accommodation is at Lochside Hostel (https://lochsidehostel.com/) on Loch Ness. Total cost per person (for 3 nights) is £105. After paying, if you withdraw from the trip you'll need to find someone to go in your stead (I'll do my best to help).