No longer Solway coast as firing range is being used!
1. Sea kayak trip – From West Shore Beach in Llandudno, paddling around Gt Orme’s Head, across Llandudno Bay and Little Ormes Head to Rhos-on-Sea. Depending on wind, there could be some choppy water off the headlands. Around 10miles, roughly 4 hours depending on how good the caves are!
2. Saturday 4th February 2017
3. Meeting at Kendal Leisure Centre at 7.30am. We’ll aim to be at Rhos-on-Sea for 10.15am, leave car(s) and drive to West Shore Beach to be on the water 11.30am..
4. Trip leader: Robin Everingham
5. Any special notes: Bring a flask and lunch. A trolley would be useful for the put in if you have one…flat beach and near low water!
Click on the RSVP to add you name to the list.
FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE: Trip CANCELLED. Difficult decision...forecast (local) F3-4, but Rhyll Flats wave buoy currently showing 2.5-4' swell. This may well ease, though forecast still for stronger winds overnight. The overfalls would provide some 'interesting' water, but the idea is also to explore the coastline which wouldn't be possible with the swell. We'll put the trip on again later... 13/5/17 - see calendar.