Jump to content
Lakeland Canoe Club

Mid-Wk Sea Kayak Trip


Event details

Event CANCELLED - due to extreme weather

Event details to follow

Lake/River                         Forecast [TBC]

1. Event co-ordinator:      Mike Sunderland

2. Trip Leader/s:               Mike Sunderland and John Soady

3. Trip type:                        Sea kayak - lake

4. Level of ability :             Improver or better

5. Date:                               Tuesday 14th March 2023

6. Venue:                            Lake Ullswater - meeting at the Dalemain Rd/Lake junction car park.
                                            Jnct of the A592 and B6320 - get changed but leave kayaks on cars

OS Grid Ref:                       

7. Meet location / timings: 9.30am arrive for 10.00am briefing and potential shuttle

8. Meet to share lifts:  Always good to share lifts to save on fuel & emissions

9. Anything else:  Further details to follow:

Pleas bring lunch, a warm drink and some GOODIES

Winter series, mid-week sea kayak paddles by MSu - details to follow

Tuesdays - fortnightly
Tuesday 10 January plus 29/30 Jan - Tyne Tour - separate event on calendar

Tuesday 14th and 28th February

Tuesday 14th and 28th March

I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip for 5 paddlers and more if I have another leader. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for one another’s safety on the water.

Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip – plenty of food and drink to share.

RSVP at least 2 days before the event. 

Guests welcome after signing up on the LCC website – x3 LCC trips – contact organiser or come with a member:  Membership | Lakeland Canoe Club (wordpress.com)

Regards Mike Sunderland – 07975 946 312

Recommended Comments

Sorry Mike, I’m going to have to drop out, the weather forecast is just too awful for the picnic..! Sue R

Note that the pop-up car park @A592/B5320 for meeting…  requires real money so take some cash in case cars are left there…

Link to comment

OFFICIALLY CANCELLED sue to weather conditions


Evening LCC amid-seekers

5 left out of 10 for tomorrows paddle.
Thank you for your loyalty.
I have been tracking the weather today, from Leeds, whilst on our weekly child care duty with Archie Michael.
It seems to have got worse and worse.
9pm it predicts:
7.5 cm of snow from 9am til 4pm
1/2 degrees
With RISING a high pressure
NNW from 14-21 mph
So looks like the sensible thing to do is to CANCEL - especially with snow endangering driving.
However - I will review this early in the morning, in case a Caribbean heat wave appears through the night!!!!
I was looking forward to the paddle and to catch up with John S and Graeme W - so perhaps we could do this anyway - Killington Lake or Services tomorrow for coffee.


Link to comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...