Forgot your password?
26 December 2022
Event created by
Arnside Bore wave: A great surfing/environment experience.
A rare opportunity to get on the bore around xmas time.
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Trip Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Monday 26th December
6. Venue : Arnside
7. Meet location / time : At Arnside promenade at 9.15.
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else: It is tricky for first timers, as the bore is a very powerful wave over shallow water, therefore it’s easy to get caught out.
Tide height is 9.74 ( Morecambe )so there might be a good bore wave.
HW is at 13.13 so aim to be on the water at 09.45
Should be back in Arnside by 12.15
River or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride borewave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
There are no comments to display.
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in