Mid-wk sea kayak trip - River Tees - upstream of WW Barrage
Event created by Mikesunderland
Event details to follow
Lake/River Forecast [TBC]
1. Event co-ordinator: Mike Sunderland
2. Trip Leader/s: Mike Sunderland
3. Trip type: River Tees – sea kayak - moving, meandering flat water - max 27K on moving water - 1/3 knots, depending upon water levels. Destination the Tees Barage - white water course
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Tuesday 20 December 2022
6. Venue: MEET at Over Dinsdale Hall Bridge over the River Tees. gather at the Low Dinsdale St John the Baptist Church - space to park. Shuttle to arrange.
PADDLE to the Tees Whitewater Barrage - all flat moving water, flowing down to the Barrage. 27K.
OS Grid Ref: Over Dinsdale Hall, Bridge over the River Tees
9C6WFGQW+9H or Grid Ref: 346 114
Low Dinsdale, St John the Baptist Church, south of bridge
Tees Barrage, Tees Barrage Way, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 2QW
7. Meet location / timings: Briefing on Over Dinsdale bridge 10.00am - to arrange shuttle to Barrage. Plan to spend some social time at Barrage or Teeside Retail Park, after paddle, as last mid-wk sea kayak event this year.
8. Meet to share lifts: Always good to share lifts to save on fuel & emissions
9. Anything else: Helmets to be worn, please. If the water levels are low, we will start the run lower down the river eg Yarm approx 15K - British Canoeing Trail - out and back from Barrage, just to give you a taste, we plan to paddle a one way trip.
if another leader attends, I can open up to more paddlers.
Autumn series, mid-week sea kayak paddles by MSu
December - Tuesday 20 December - the last LCC Mid-wk sea kayak trip this year - thank you all for your good company
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip for 5 paddlers and more if I have another leader. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for one another’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip – plenty of food and drink to share.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event.
Guests welcome after signing up on the LCC website – x3 LCC trips – contact organiser or come with a member: Membership | Lakeland Canoe Club (wordpress.com)
Regards Mike Sunderland – 07975 946 312
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now