Forgot your password?
19 October 2022
Event created by
Detail updated below in Green
We will select a river that is predominantly grade 1 but may have some grade 2 sections. Not suitable for beginners.
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Trip Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: river Eden
4. Level of ability : improver or better, kayak or canoe
5. Date: Wednesday 19th October
6. Venue : River Eden, Appleby to Ousenstand bridge
7. Meet location / time : 9.30 by river in Appleby
8. Meet to share lifts at: Make your own way to start or share lift from junction 37 M6 ( layby West side) at 8.45. can you PM me if you are wanting to do this.
9. Anything else:
Bring lunch and a hot drink
Event subject to a suitable water level.
You should have basic idea out how to read moving water and break in and out.
RSVP limit is 10 people If you are intending to paddle a canoe or tandem canoe can you add note to trip so I am aware. Ta.
Possibilities are Ure from Hawes.
Eden from Great Musgrave
Lune form Kirkby Lonsdale
Ribble from Settle
Lower Eamont / Eden
Derwent from Derwent water
Irthing from Lanercost
Border Esk Cannonbie to Longtown
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to trip only.
Posted October 3, 2022
I'll be paddling a solo canoe
Probably open canoe.
Posted October 4, 2022
Open canoe, looking for a passenger.
MikeP. Sharing canoe with JohnS.
Posted October 13, 2022
Posted October 18, 2022
On checking today I have noticed it is for improver or better so I have removed myself.
Maybe I can have a chat tonight, I should have clarified last night at the pool. Thanks
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in