Jump to content
LCC AGM Monday 11th December ×
Lakeland Canoe Club
LCC AGM Monday 11th December

Workington to Maryport - Mid-Week Sea Kayak trip


Event details

Event details
Workington to Maryport - B plan Bassenthwaite to Cockermouth
Estuary/Sea                     Forecast [TBC]

1. Event co-ordinator     Mike Sunderland

2. Trip Leader/s               Mike Sunderland & John Soady

3. Trip type:                         Estuary/coastal Sea – sea kayak

4. Level of ability :             Improver or better

5. Date:                               Tuesday 11 October 2022

6. Venue:                            Workington to Maryport and back   

    B Plan if weather off:  Peel Wyke, on Bassenthwaite to Cockermouth, down the Derwent River - decision made next week

Bassenthwaite permits : Lake District National Park - permits not necessary

7. Meet location / timings: Workington Shore carpark - meet at end of Harbour Rd

harbour road, workington - Search (bing.com)

ready to go for 10am

8. Meet to share lifts:  Always good to share lifts to save on fuel & emissions

9. Anything elseCloos to Spring tide (max 3knots), LT 7.3, HT 13.00 - should benefit from the tidal movement - see B plan if winds pick up.
Tuesday             18 Oct            25 Oct
Tuesday 01 Nov      08 Nov           15 Nov           22 Nov           29 Nov
Tuesday 6 Dec         13 Dec           20 Dec

I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip for 5 paddlers and more if I have another leader. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for one another’s safety on the water.

Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip – plenty of food and drink to share.

RSVP at least 2 days before the event.

Guests welcome after signing up on the LCC website – x3 LCC trips – contact organiser or come with a member:  Membership | Lakeland Canoe Club (wordpress.com)

Regards Mike Sunderland – 07975 946 312

Recommended Comments


winds are picking up so I will speak to my co-leader shortly.

sea kayaks and 10am at Piel Wyke or Workington, depending upon our decision.

does this message go to all participants or just to Stu?

anyone looking please let me know.



Mike and John

Link to comment

Thank you Andrew - my font of knowledge.

my co leader is not keen, so we will be prudent and go for the Bassenthwaite-Cockermouth trip, down the lower Derwent.

plenty of water but not in flood.

meet earlier at 9.15am Peel Wyke launch and ready for a shuttle at 9.30am.

I will WhatsApp everyone and personal email.

hope this fits everyone schedule, so WORKINGTON is CANCELLED

happy days and see our intrepid group tomorrow morning.

Mike and John


Link to comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...