Smugglers Den holiday house has 8 individual beds (4 single, 2 double plus 2 bed settees), 3 bathrooms, large kitchen, etc, for our comfort. Please be prepared to share a twin room or sleep on a bed settee.
Unless very windy there should be somewhere we can paddle. Bring your walking boots in case too windy to paddle or you want a rest from paddling.
Proposed paddles subject to weather include:
- Brodick Bay to North Sannox giving spectacular views of Goat Fell - Monday afternoon
- circumnavigation of Holy Isle to see Buddhist retreat, soay sheep, eriskay ponies, etc, from Brodick - probably Tuesday
- from Kildonan round Isle of Pladda and up to Whiting Bay
- Lochranza to Sannox alongside varied geological features
- Machrie to Blackwaterfoot past Kings Cave and basalt columns
Cost is £15 per night each to cover the house-keeping expenses, and in addition we share cooking costs and duties (Co-op is only 4 miles away - so easy). And there is a chip shop and pub!
Guests welcome- paddling or non-paddling.
1. Event co-ordinator Annette Morris
2. Trip Leader: Annette Morris,
3. Trip type: Coastal sea kayaking with short crossings to Holy Isle and Pladda