2. Trip Leaders: John Soady, Annette Morris, Alistair Hornsby
3. Trip type: Lake
4. Level of ability: Anyone capable of paddling on open water for up to 90 minutes each way. Note Windermere can get choppy if windy.
5. Date: Saturday 17thSeptember
6. Venue: Windermere
7. Meet location / time: Meet at Ferry Nab car park, grid reference (SD 399960) at 11am, paddlers will be split into groups of similar speed with the aim of the slower groups setting off first around 11.30, fastest around 12.00. Picnic site, just south of Wray Castle, grid reference (SD376 005).
Note: Ferry Nab is a Pay & Display (or Pay by Phone) car park.
8. Meet to share lifts at: Contact me if you need a lift
9. Anything else: All types of craft: sea kayak, open boat, SUP, etc.
It's intended this will be a fun sociable event for all paddling abilities - an opportunity to paddle with & meet other club members we might not ordinarily be paddling with. For anyone wishing to join the picnic but unable to paddle, it is possible to walk to the picnic site from Red Nab car park on the West side of Windermere or get the ferry from Ambleside.
Please bring some food and drink to share but bring you own plate, mug, cutlery, etc.
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now