Sea Kayak Rescue Practice
Event created by Sten Sture
As I missed out on the last practice session and I want to do some before my next trip so here we go again.
An Opportunity to meet up on the water and explore sea kayak assisted and self rescues. We could also look at some towing options if people are interested
1. Event co-ordinator Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leader Sten Sture
3. Trip type: Sea kayak rescue training (well lake really)
4. Level of ability : All
5. Date: Friday 6th May
6. Venue : Brown Howe Coniston Water
7. Meet location / time : Meet at laybys just north of Brown Howe http://streetmap.co.uk/map?X=329102&Y=491282&A=Y&Z=120 with a fall back option of using the pay and display carpark 09:30
8. Meet to arrange shuttle: No Shuttle
9. Anything else:
Aim to be on the water foe 10:00
The loose plan is to go for a short paddle to warm up and loosen off, spend as long as we need doing dry stuff (towing etc). have a break then do some wet stuff. Bring a flask and a sandwich along with calm weather and sunshine.
Bring any gear you want to practice / experiment with. Tow lines, contact tow systems, paddle floats etc, bring a pump if you have one.
Getting wet is not mandatory, you can still come and learn through observation.
Please dress warm.
A dry suit is recommended. If you don't have a dry suit bring your normal paddling gear and if you want to have a practice do so just before we get off the water.
Sea kayaks only.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
RSVP at least 1 day before the event
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now