Forgot your password?
19 April 2022, 08:00 AM
Event created by
Windcast is good to go. See you at Arnside.
Arnside Bore wave: A great surfing/environment experience. It was a particularly good one some weeks ago, so hoping for a repeat.
1. Event co-ordinator Mike Hayward
2. Trip Leader leader Mike Hayward
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Tuesday 19th April
6. Venue : Arnside
7. Meet location / time : at Arnside promenade at 10.00 by you might want to get there earlier in case parking spaces are taken.
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else: It is tricky for first timers as a very powerful wave over shallow water, therefore it’s easy to get tripped up
Tide height is 9.71 ( Morecambe )so there might be a good bore wave.
HW is at 13.49 so aim to be on the water at 10.30
Should be back in Arnside by 13.00.
River or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride borewave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
There are no comments to display.
You can post now and register later.
If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.