UP-DATE: Weather looking good, so arrangements as described below - on the south beach ready to go at 11am. La'al Ratty cafe is open at 10am if anyone wants a cuppa and a scone (or bacon buttie) before we unload. Message me if you have any questions. Look forward to our paddle. Annette
Setting off from Ravenglass south beach on the flooding tide and hitching a ride up the River Irt until it is stationary or turns. We will return to Ravenglass on the ebb tide and then pop in to the Mite estuary.
8. No shuttle but we will have to move the cars to car park from beach (about 500 meters)
9. Anything else: RSVP is open.
The aim is to have a sociable paddle with a picnic - don't forget your butties. Hopefully we'll see some of the remaining wintering birds.
This trip will be about 4 hours with tidal assistance for most of the way.
This trip is weather dependant so if the forecast is unfavourable (greater than 20mph gusts) the trip will be rescheduled to maybe Sunday 3rd or Monday 4th. I will post the decision on here the night before at latest
On Saturday 2nd April:
Tide height is high at about about 9.46m
Aim to be on the water at 11:00 (2 hours before high tide - HW Barrow is about 13.06 BST))
We will arrive back at Ravenglass by 15:00 (little water and lots of mud 2 hours after high tide)